All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe islands of the Galapagos, situated off the coast of Ecuador in South America, are home to some of the world's most fascinating wildlife and are visited by thousands of tourists each year. This series of books is designed to give visitors to faraway places a handy identification guide to the wildlife they might see as they travel around the world. The fully updated and revised edition of this classic guide features a wealth of additional information, including a new 16-page section of visitor sites with maps, 85 additional species of fish and over 100 new photographs. Although perhaps best kwn for its Giant Tortoises, many other mammals, reptiles, coastal and marine life, birds, plants and invertebrates are also included. Illustrated with over 650 colour photographs, maps and drawings, it also includes information on the history, climate, geology and conservation of the islands. Featuring over 400 species of wildlife most likely to be encountered on a trip to these remote islands, this traveller's guide is the ideal companion for anyone travelling to this fascinating region of the world.
- Author BiographyJulian Fitter is a naturalist, conservationist, writer and lecturer with a particular interest in island ecosystems. Having been educated in the UK, Julian spent the next fifteen years in the Laboratory of Evolution in the Galapagos Islands, where he established and ran the first yacht charter operation when the islands received only a few hundred visitors each year. After that he spent time in the Falkland Islands, and more recently in Tristan da Cunha and New Zealand. David Hosking is a wildlife photographer who, together with his wife Jean, runs the Frank Lane Picture Agency, one of Britain's most prominent natural history photo libraries. He also runs Hosking Tours Ltd, a company that specialises in nature photographic holidays.
- Author(s)Daniel Fitter,David Hosking,Julian Fitter
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication14/01/2016
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleTraveller's Guide
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Weight420 g
- Width115 mm
- Height190 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.