All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.63
- AU $32.65Trending at AU $38.97
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.47
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.10
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $21.18
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.70
About this product
- DescriptionA gripping short biography of the extraordinary Wilkie Collins, author of The Moonstone and The Woman in White, two early masterpieces of mystery and detectionShort and oddly built, with a head too big for his body, extremely near-sighted, unable to stay still, dressed in colorful clothes Wilkie Collins looked distinctly strange. But he was netheless a charmer, befriended by the great, loved by children, irresistibly attractive to women, and avidly read by generations of readers. Peter Ackroyd follows his hero, the sweetest-tempered of all the Victorian velists, from his childhood as the son of a well-kwn artist to his struggling beginnings as a writer, his years of fame, and his lifelong friendship with the other great London chronicler, Charles Dickens. In addition to his enduring masterpieces, The Moonstone often called the first true detective vel and the sensational The Woman in White, Collins produced an intriguing array of lesser-kwn works. Told with Ackroyd s inimitable verve, this is a ravishingly entertaining life of a great storyteller, full of surprises, rich in humor and sympathetic understanding.
- Author(s)Peter Ackroyd
- PublisherBlackstone Audiobooks
- Date of Publication06/10/2015
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlackstone Audiobooks
- Out-of-print date12/05/2015
- Contained items statement5 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time390
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.