All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $32.65Trending at AU $39.17
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.48
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.57
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.19
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.94
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $35.27
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book specifically for daughters suffering from the emotional abuse of selfish, self-involved mothers, Will I Ever Be Good Eugh? provides the expert assistance you need in order to overcome this debilitating history and reclaim your life for yourself. Drawing on over two decades of experience as a therapist specializing in women's psychology and health, psychotherapist Dr. Karyl McBride helps you recognize the widespread effects of this maternal emotional abuse and guides you as you create an individualized program for self-protection, resolution, and complete recovery. Narcissistic mothers teach their daughters that love is t unconditional, that it is given only when they behave in accordance with maternal expectations and whims. As adults, these daughters have difficulty overcoming feelings of inadequacy, disappointment, emotional emptiness, and sadness. They may also have a fear of abandonment that leads them to form unhealthy romantic relationships, as well as a tendency to perfectionism and unrelenting self-criticism or to self-sabotage and frustration. Dr. McBride's step-by-step program will enable you to: -1) Recognize your own experience with maternal narcissism and its effects on all aspects of your life -2) Discover how you have internalized verbal and nverbal messages from your mother and how these have translated into overachievement or self-sabotage -3) Construct a personalized program to take control of your life and enhance your sense of self, establishing healthy boundaries with your mother and breaking the legacy of abuse Warm and sympathetic, Dr. McBride brings a profound level of authority to Will I Ever Be Good Eugh? that encourages and inspires you as it aids your recovery.
- Author BiographyKaryl McBride, Ph.D., is a licensed marriage and family therapist with more than thirty years of experience in public and private practice. Karyl McBride, Ph.D., is a licensed marriage and family therapist with more than twenty-five years of experience in public and private practice.
- Author(s)Karyl McBride
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication21/11/2011
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Karyl McBride
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time480
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.