All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJOHN SPILLANE fell in love with singing when he was a small boy and w that he has written about 200 songs and an opera, he feels he's starting to get the hang of it. For over thirty years, his songs have provided a musical background to life in Ireland, and have been performed by such luminaries as Christy Moore, Sharon Shann and Mary Black. Gathering these evocative lyrics in print for the first time, John gives insight into the inspiration and stories behind the songs. He also includes tales of his adventures on the sea of life, from earning his first royalty cheque to signing with EMI (once The Beatles' label). This is a beautiful collection to dip into, and conjures a vibrant world of colour, poetry, music and love. Most of all, enjoy John's pure positivity as he asks, 'Will we be brilliant or what?'
- Author BiographyThe acclaimed singer/songwriter John Spillane has enjoyed over thirty-three years of an ever-consistent, illuminating and exciting career within the world of music. He continues to tour all around the world and has been awarded Meteor Irish Music Awards for Best Folk Act and Best Traditional Act.
- Author(s)John Spillane
- PublisherThe Collins Press
- Date of Publication23/09/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintThe Collins Press
- Weight401 g
- Width128 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byChristy Moore
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.