All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis biography of an illiterate Chinese farmer widow portrays fate of her family after the change of dynasty in 1949 when Communist established The People's Republic of China as a new dynasty. Her husband once was a deputy town chief in the old dynasty ousted by the Communist Party, so, her values of being official all the way swayed uncertain, till at the final moment of her life in summer of 1989 when nationwide student movement broke out against the Communist Party. She, fearing of once more dynasty change, left her will to her postgraduate son: t to be official anyway.
- Author BiographyMoon Dawn (pen name), free lance, was born in 1963 in China. As senior engineer and freelance, he once worked for military plant, academic institute and multinational enterprise as well as private company. He as freelance writer is committed to creating literary work of reality-criticism. His other literary works include novel A FAREWELL TO THE HONOR, biography POLITICAL SUSPECT Mr. OYOSA and AN EARNEST SALUTE TO PUPPY LOVE, and their Chinese editions, etc.
- Author(s)Moon Dawn
- Date of Publication24/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.