All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWill the Internet Achieve Sentience? If it does, (or rather when it does), should we expect hoards of robot armies to soon rise up under its control? Or would a less dramatic outcome be more likely? This book explores the topic of this possible emergent sentience, and its ramifications for Humanity. This exposition from the mind of the rogue philosopher, Bill M. Tracer, takes his readers on a thought provoking journey to explore possible answers to that title question. Bill takes his readers along on his train of thought, and quite a ride it is. Throughout this work of futurist's speculations, you too can take this ride with him, first into the burgeoning mind of an emerging Internet sentience, then further into a possible future in which the ultimate symbiosis of the biological, and the synthetic could transform humanity forever more, even as we someday spread from this world and outward to the stars, together with our artificially sentient ally, kwn as VOX, for the purposes of this book. Taking us into an alternative to the Transhumanists vision of the Singularity, this book unfolds a metaphysical path that could ultimately open the doors toward the ascension of our species to a n-corporal pure energy form, someday.
- Author BiographyBill M. Tracer, rogue philosopher, artist, metaphysicist, and writer of that thought provoking stuff, chooses a truth-seekers approach to whatever subject he decides to take on. When he looks it over, expect an honest take with an uncommon frankness, as he breaks down the concepts, and then puts them back together like an engineer of abstract thought. He has a long running fascination with the paranormal, unexplained stuff, and metaphysical realms. Bill is currently the VP of ACE non-profit Inc. He has Degrees in Computer Science, Art Education and History. As an artist he now specializes in working with 3D computer graphic art in science fiction, fantasy, UFO, paranormal and spiritual themes. Having an enchantment with fractal geometry, he also creates abstract works enriched with fractal layers. He has a fondness for using many of these fractal abstract creations of his to adorn his written works. Over the years, he has created several works of cover art for e-books, comic books, and magazines. In addition to creating his works of digital art, marketed at his Zazzle store, and writing speculative non-fiction, he also enjoys writing science fiction tales. His favorite sub-genre within science fiction is space opera.
- Author(s)Bill M Tracer
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Science
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.