All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBetween 1863 and 1876, the Rolls Series published several works from or about the abbey of St Albans, edited by Henry Thomas Riley (1816-78) under the rubric 'Chronica Monasterii S. Albani'. William Rishanger was a monk at the abbey in the second half of the thirteenth century, but the can of his writings is still t definitively established as the manuscripts were rebound several times, and much of his output was reworked in later medieval texts. Several items attributed to him in this 1865 publication are preserved, uniquely, in MS. Cotton. Claudius D. vi. The texts record events from Henry III's peace treaty with France in 1259 to the coronation of Robert the Bruce and the English invasion of Scotland in 1306. They include fascinating details about political alliances, ecclesiastical promotions, and the Templars. The Latin texts are accompanied by English side-tes, an introduction, a glossary and an index.
- Author(s)William Rishanger
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Rolls
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 colour illus.
- Weight930 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byHenry Thomas Riley
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.