All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of Kevin McCarron's study includes a new chapter on Golding's posthumous book The Double Tongue, and so encompasses the whole of Golding's vels. This is a comprehensive study, questioning Lord of the Flies' status as Golding's most popular and important work and giving prominence to The Inheritors, Pincher Martin, The Spire and The Sea Trilogy. McCarron takes an interdisciplinary approach, placing particular emphasis on the anthropological perspective missing from most critical texts on Golding's writings. He also considers Golding's work from the perspective of a number of critical approaches, including the postcolonial discourse, offering readers an alternative to the standard liberal humanist approach. An in-depth evaluation of Golding's essays and travel journal provides new insight in the work of one of the 20th-century's greatest writers.
- Author BiographyKevin McCarron is Lecturer in the English Department at Roehampton University of Surrey, teaching Modern English and American Literature. He has written widely on Golding's work.
- Author(s)Kevin McCarron
- PublisherNorthcote House Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2004
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleWriters & Their Work S.
- Place of PublicationTavistock
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNorthcote House Publishers Ltd
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.