All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam Hickling Prescott (1796-1859) was one of those rare historians who effectively melded history and literature in an elegant, compelling writing style that appealed to the casual reader, while still meeting the strict criteria of the scholar. Prescott was the first American historian to achieve international recognition with his critically acclaimed History of the Reign of Ferdinand and Isabella. Plagued by poor vision and chronic health issues, he was determined to make his mark as a historian. His follow-up work, The History of the Conquest of Mexico, is considered his masterpiece. Prescott went on to write A History of the Conquest of Peru, History of the Reign of Philip II and a 200-page addendum to William Robertson's History of the Reign of the Emperor Charles V. Drawing on correspondence and journal entries, this book traces the life of one of America's most celebrated historians.
- Author BiographyAfter a long career in the banking industry, Peter O. Koch now runs a small online business. The author of several books, his research interests include American Indian cultures and the New World expeditions of the Spaniards. He lives in Bradenton, Florida, USA.
- Author(s)Peter O. Koch
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note15 photographs
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.