All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe science of religion is an important element in the interpretation of William James's work and in the methodology of the study of religion. An authority on pragmatism and the philosophy of religion, Wayne Proudfoot and a stellar group of contributors from a variety of disciplines including religion, philosophy, psychology, and history, bring invative perspectives to James's work. Each contributor focuses on a specific theme in The Varieties of Religious Experience and suggests how James's treatment of that theme can fruitfully be brought to bear, sometimes with revisions or extensions, on current debate about religious experience.
- Author BiographyWayne Proudfoot is professor of religion at Columbia University. His books include God and Self and Religious Experience. He lives in New York City.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication14/07/2004
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleColumbia Series in Science and Religion
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Weight454 g
- Width167 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byWayne Proudfoot
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.