All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Parrish Art Museum, on Long Island's East End, holds one of the largest public collections of William Merritt Chase in the United States: over forty paintings and works on paper, and a wealth of archival photographs and documents. This new volume features 30 of the artist's most important paintings and works on paper, including his early Still Life with Fruit (1871), works from the famous New York park scenes series, tably Park in Brooklyn (c. 1887); major studio paintings from the 1880s, such as The Blue Kimo (c. 1888); and of course, the paintings made during his summers in Long island's Shinnecock Hills, including The Bayberry Bush (c. 1895). It also includes many family photographs taken during summer spent in Shinnecock Hills, Long Island, where Chase founded, and taught at, the Summer School of Art. There are essays covering the key influences on Chase's art and his early career in Munich and his work in Paris and Madrid.
- Author BiographyAlicia G. Longwell is the Lewis B. and Dorothy Cullman Chief Curator at the Parrish Art Museum. She is the author of Dorothea Rockburne: In My Mind s Eye, with David Anfam and Stephane Aquin (2011); American Landscapes: Treasures from the Parrish Art Museum (2010); First Impressions: Nineteenth-Century American Master Prints (2010); Sand: Memory, Meaning and Metaphor (2008); North Fork / South Fork: East End Art Now (2004); and Photographs from the William Merritt Chase Archives, with Ronald G. Pisano (1992). She has organized some exhibitions for the Parrish, including solo exhibitions on the work of artists Barbara Bloom, Marsden Hartley, Frederick Kiesler, Malcolm Morley, Charlotte Park, Dorothea Rockburne, Alan Shields, Esteban Vicente, and Jack Youngerman, among others. Maureen C. O'Brien is Curator of Painting and Sculpture at the Rhode Island School of Design Museum.
- Author(s)Maureen C. O'Brien
- PublisherD Giles Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintD Giles Ltd
- Content Note50 colour and 30 B&W
- Weight680 g
- Width210 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.