All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam Morris was an outstanding character of many talents, being an architect, writer, social campaigner, artist and, with his Kelmscott Press, an important figure of the Arts and Crafts movement. Many of us probably kw him best, however, from his superb furnishings and textile designs, intricately weaving together natural motifs in a highly stylized two-dimensional fashion influenced by medieval conventions. Following on from the bestselling success of Art Nouveau, Art Deco and Alphonse Mucha, of the same series, this delightful new book offers a survey of his life and work alongside some of his finest decorative work. It is a richly beautiful book.
- Author BiographyRosalind Ormiston is a researcher, lecturer and author in art, architecture and design history. She lectures in art and architectural history at Kingston University, London. Her recent publications include Colour Source Book, Alphonse Mucha: Masterworks, Art Deco: The Golden Age of Graphic Art and Illustration; Michelangelo: His Life and Works in 500 Images and Leonardo da Vinci: His Life and Works in 500 Images. Nicholas Michael Wells has written on William Blake, ancient and medieval art and a number of other fine and decorative art subjects. He has also written a Collins Gem on Time and a number of practical music books under the pseudonym Jake Jackson. Having obtained his degree in English Literature at the University of Kent in Canterbury he now lives in London with his partner and children. He runs his own creative business and is an occasional painter, designer, poet and musician.
- Author(s)N. M. Wells,Rosalind Ormiston
- PublisherFlame Tree Publishing
- Date of Publication15/08/2010
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleMasterworks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFlame Tree Publishing
- Content Note170 colour illustrations
- Weight1826 g
- Width279 mm
- Height289 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.