Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe award-winning biography of William Pitt the Younger by William Hague, the youngest leader of the Tory Party since Pitt himself. William Pitt the Younger was one of the most extraordinary figures in British history. Prime minister at the age of twenty-four, he went on to dominate British politics for two decades, presiding over such complex and treacherous national crises as the madness of King George III, the beleaguered union with Ireland, the fallout from the French Revolution and the trauma of the Napoleonic Wars. With the keen eye of an experienced politician, William Hague examines the enigmatic life and tumultuous times of a man capable of both wit and arrogance, ecomic genius and financial mismanagement. A rich cast of characters and a vivid backdrop of global conflict make this riveting biography of Pitt the Younger compulsive reading.
- Author BiographyWilliam Hague has served as Secretary of State, Leader of the Opposition, Shadow Foreign Secretary, Secretary of State for Wales and Minister for Disabled People. He has been MP for Richmond, Yorkshire, since 1989, and he lives in his constituency with his wife, Ffion. His biography of William Pitt the Younger was named History Book of the Year at the British Book Awards. He is also the author of 'William Wilberforce', the acclaimed biography of the anti-slave trade campaigner.
- PrizesWinner of British Book Awards: History Book of the Year 2005.
- Author(s)William Hague
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication03/05/2005
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note17 b/w, 8 col plates (24pp), With index
- Weight530 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.15New
- AU $21.21New
- AU $24.85New
- AU $19.97New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.81New
- AU $11.56Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.52New
- AU $32.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.06
- AU $16.04Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $79.15Trending at AU $90.48
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.