About this product
- DescriptionIn telling the story of Shakespeare's life and work within strict limits of space, an attempt has been made to keep closely to essential matters. There is period of the poet's life, there is branch of his marvellous work, that has t been the subject of long and learned volumes, single play that has t been discussed at greater length than serves here to cover the chief incidents of work and life together. If the Homes and Haunts do t claim the greater part of the following pages, it is because body kws where to find them to-day. Stratford derives much of its patronage from unsupported traditions, the face of London has changed, and though we owe to the painstaking researches of Dr. Chas. Wm. Wallace the very recent discovery that the poet lodged with a wig-maker named Mountjoy at the corner of Silver and Monkwell Streets in the City of London, much labour must be accomplished before we shall be able to follow his wanderings between the time of his arrival in and departure from the metropolis.
- Author(s)S L Bensusan
- Date of Publication20/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.