All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA new edition of Kenneth Parker's radical re-reading of Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra, with a completely revised bibliography reflecting the most recent scholarship. The dominant perceptions of Cleopatra as 'whore' or 'gypsy' and Antony as 'deserter of Rome' are t only questioned but challenged with an entirely new set of comprehensive readings based on postcolonial and feminist theories. From this, Parker argues that this, of all Shakespeare's plays, is the text for modern times.
- Author BiographyKenneth Parker is Professor Emeritus of Cultural Studies and former Head of the Cultural Studies Graduate Centre at the University of East London. He has taught in many universities in Europe, the Americas and in Africa.
- Author(s)Ken Parker
- PublisherNorthcote House Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleWriters & Their Work S.
- Place of PublicationTavistock
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNorthcote House Publishers Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.