All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam & Rosalie is the gripping and heartfelt account of two young Jewish people from Poland who survive six different German slave and prison camps throughout the Holocaust. In 1941, newlyweds William and Rosalie Schiff are forcibly separated and sent on their individual odysseys through a surreal maze of hate. After Rosalie is saved by Oskar Schindler, the husband and wife end up at the Plaszow work camp under Amon Goeth, the bestial commandant played by Ralph Fiennes in Schindler's List , While Rosalie is on 'heaven patrol' removing bodies from the camp, William is working in the factories. But when Rosalie is shipped by train to a different factory camp, William sneaks into a boxcar to follow, and he ends up at Auschwitz instead. Craig Hanley powerfully narrates the struggle of the lovers to stay alive and find each other at war's end.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM and ROSALIE SCHIFF, now both in their eighties, live in Dallas, Texas, and devote themselves full time to teaching people the dangers of prejudice and hate. CRAIG HANLEY is a graduate of Harvard University. His writing appears in D Magazine.
- Author(s)Craig Hanley,Rosalie Schiff,William Schiff
- PublisherUniversity of North Texas Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationTexas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of North Texas Press,U.S.
- Content Note26 b&w illustrations, bibliographic essay
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.