All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam is always ready to offer his services to his country. But why is it that his enthusiastic contribution is so seldom appreciated? William is determined to do his bit, but unfortunately one else thinks he'd make a hero ...In William at War there are ten wonderful wartime stories in which William proves himself just as dangerous, unpredictable and downright troublesome as the Enemy! Now with a brand-new cover look illustrated by Michael Foreman. There is only one William. This tousle-headed, snub-sed, hearty, loveable imp of mischief has been harassing his unfortunate family and delighting his hundreds of thousands of admirers since 1922.
- Author BiographyRichmal Crompton was born in Lancashire in 1890. The first story about William Brown appeared in Home magazine in 1919, and the first collection of William stories was published in book form three years later. In all, thirty-eight William books were published, the last, William the Lawless, in 1970, after Richmal Crompton's death.
- Author(s)Richmal Crompton
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleJust William Series
- Series Part/Volume Number14
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight208 g
- Width131 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Illustrator(s)Thomas Henry,Michael Foreman
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.