Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionA boat of the army transportation corps fights through the fierce wind of the williwaw, carrying two officers and a chaplain with its crew. Human nature and the elements move the men through their uncertain destiny. This is Gore Vidal's first vel. Written when he was just seventeen and based very strongly on his own traumatic experiences in the US Navy as WW2 reached its end, this is a compelling story of one young man's bravery under fire.
- Author BiographyGore Vidal is one of the greatest living American novelists & essayists & is the author of the 'Narratives of a Golden Age' series as well as countless other bestsellers. He has written numerous Hollywood screenplays, including BEN HUR, and ran as a Democratic candidate for Congress.
- Author(s)Gore Vidal
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication04/12/2003
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight247 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.