Wimbledon 2013: The Official Story of the Championships by Neil Harman (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.18Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Championships 2013 will go down as one of the most incredible fortnights in the history of Wimbledon. The highlight, of course, was Andy Murray's sensational victory over world No.1 Novak Djokovic on a Centre Court bathed in glorious sunshine and boiling over with emotion. When Murray put that final, dramatic game to rest and dropped his racket to the floor in disbelief, it signalled the end of a 77-year wait for a British men's singles champion at Wimbledon, and Centre Court - and indeed the whole nation - exploded with joy. But Murray's historic triumph was just the final act of a Championships that almost defies description. Former champions Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer both departed the tournament before the third round for the first time in Grand Slam history, while 'Wacky Wednesday', one of the most astonishing days ever at Wimbledon, saw seeded players departing the tournament far earlier than had been expected. The second week witnessed ather catalogue of extraordinary matches at the All England Club, from Sabine Lisicki's defeat of Ladies' Singles Champion Serena Williams to the epic men's semi-final between Djokovic and Juan Martin Del Potro, the longest in Wimbledon history. There was also the emergence of Marion Bartoli as a Grand Slam contender as she powered her way to victory in the Ladies' Singles Championship without dropping a set. Not to mention the Bryan brothers, who achieved a Grand Slam of Grand Slams in the men's doubles. When the dust had settled and the cheers of Centre Court had finally died down, the Fortnight had concluded with a British Wimbledon men's singles champion and the memories - preserved here in these pages - of a truly remarkable Championships.
- Author(s)Neil Harman
- PublisherVision Sports Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVision Sports Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width210 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.