Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- DescriptionMarshdale. Just a small farming community where thing special hap-pens. A perfect place to start over... or get lost. There is definitely more to this prairie town than meets the eye. Once the meeting place of aboriginal tribes for miles around, some say the land itself was cursed because of the people's sin. But its history goes farther back than even indigeus oral history can trace and there is still a direct descendant who has been handed the truth, like it or t. Exactly what ties does the land have to the medicine of the ancients? Is it cursed, or is it all superstition? Wind Over Marshdale is the story of the struggles within a small prairie town when hidden evil and ancient medicine resurface. Caught in the crossfire, new teacher Rachel Bosworth finds herself in love with two men at once. First, there is Thomas Lone Wolf, a Cree man whose blood lines run back to the days of ancient medicine but who has chosen to live as a Christian and faces preju-dice from every side as he tries to expose the truth/ Then there is Con McKinley, local farmer who has to face some demons of his own. Add to the mix a wayward minister seeking anymity in the obscurity of the town; eccentric twin sisters - one heavily involved in the occult and the other a fundamentalist zealot; and a host of other 'characters' whose lives weave together unexpectedly for the final climax. This suspenseful story is one of human frailty - prejudice, cowardice, jealousy, and greed - magnified by powerful spiritual forces that have remained hidden for centuries, only to be broken in triumph by grace.
- Author BiographyTracy Krauss is a high school teacher by profession, and a prolific author, artist, play-wright and director by choice. She received her Bachelor's degree from the University of Saskatchewan and has gone on to teach Art, Drama and English - all the things she is pas-sionate about. After raising four children, she and her husband now reside in beautiful Tumbler Ridge, BC where she continues to pursue all of her creative interests. Her first two books, AND THE BEAT GOES ON and MY MOTHER THE MAN-EATER, were both nominated for the 'Indie Excellence Book Awards' for religious fiction in 2011. As well, MY MOTHER THE MAN-EATER and her third novel PLAY IT AGAIN attained best seller status in the 'Contemporary Romance' category on Amazon. She also has three stage plays in print.
- Author(s)Tracy Krauss
- Date of Publication27/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.