All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNATIONAL BESTSELLERIn the spring of 1978, a young Haruki Murakami sat down at his kitchen table and began to write. The result: two remarkable short vels Hear the Wind SingandPinball, 1973 that launched the career of one of the most acclaimed authors of our time. These powerful, at times surreal, works about two young men coming of age the unnamed narrator and his friend the Rat are stories of loneliness, obsession, and eroticism. They bear all the hallmarks of Murakami s later books, and form the first two-thirds, withA Wild Sheep Chase, of thetrilogy of the Rat. Widely available in English for the first time ever, newly translated, and featuring a new introduction by Murakami himself, Wind/Pinballgives us a fascinating insight into a great writer s beginnings. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyHARUKI MURAKAMIwas born in Kyoto in 1949 and now lives near Tokyo. His work has been translated into more than fifty languages, and the most recent of his many international honors is the Jerusalem Prize, whose previous recipients include J. M. Coetzee, Milan Kundera, and V. S. Naipaul.
- Author(s)Haruki Murakami
- PublisherRandom House Large Print Publishing
- Date of Publication04/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Large Print Publishing
- Weight363 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Translated byTed Goossen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.