All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExpert recommendations, pragmatically applied. Automate system administration using Windows PowerShell best practices-and optimize your operational efficiency. With this practical guide, Windows PowerShell expert and instructor Ed Wilson delivers field-tested tips, real-world examples, and candid advice culled from administrators across a range of business and technical scenarios. If you're an IT professional with Windows PowerShell experience, this book is ideal. Discover how to: * Use Windows PowerShell to automate Active Directory tasks * Explore available WMI classes and methods with CIM cmdlets * Identify and track scripting opportunities to avoid duplication * Use functions to encapsulate business logic and reuse code * Design your script's best input method and output destination * Test scripts by checking their syntax and performance * Choose the most suitable method for running remote commands * Manage software services with Desired State Configuration
- Author BiographyEd Wilson, MCSE, CISSP, is a well-known scripting expert and author of Hey Scripting Guy! , one of the most popular blogs on Microsoft TechNet. Ed has written six books on Microsoft Windows scripting for Microsoft Press, including three Windows PowerShell titles: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Best Practices, Windows PowerShell Scripting Guide, and Microsoft Windows PowerShell Step by Step. He has delivered a popular Windows PowerShell workshop to Microsoft Premier customers worldwide, and has spoken at the Microsoft TechEd and TechReady conferences. Before coming to work for Microsoft, Ed was a senior consultant for a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner where he specialized in Active Directory design and Exchange Server implementation.
- Author(s)Ed Wilson
- PublisherMicrosoft Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication10/01/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRedmond
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMicrosoft Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1172 g
- Width189 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.63Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.