Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $86.05+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $26.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical guide has exactly what you need to work with Windows Server 2008. Inside, you'll find step-by-step procedures for using all of the major components, along with discussions on complex concepts such as Active Directory replication, DFS namespaces and replication, network access protection, the Server Core edition, Windows PowerShell, server clustering, and more. All of this with a more compact presentation and a tighter focus on tasks than you'll find in bulkier references. Windows Server 2008: The Definitive Guide takes a refreshing approach.You won't find the history of Windows NT, or discussions on the way things used to work. Instead, you get only the information you need to use this server. If you're a beginning or intermediate system administrator, you learn how the system works, and how to administer machines running it. The expert administrators among you discover new concepts and components outside of your realm of expertise. Simply put, this is the most thorough reference available for Windows Server 2008, with complete guides to: installing the server in a variety of different environments; file services and the Windows permission structure; how the domain name system (DNS) works; active directory, including its logical and physical structure, hierarchical components, scalability, and replication; group policy's structure and operation; managing security policy with predefined templates and customized policy plans; and architectural improvements, new features, and daily administration of IIS 7.Its other features include: terminal services from both the administrator's user's point of view; networking architecture including DNS, DHCP, VPN, RADIUS server, IAS, and IPSec; Windows clustering services - applications, grouping machines, capacity and network planning, user account management; and, Windows PowerShell scripting and command-line techlogy. With Windows Server 2008: The Definitive Guide , you can come away with a firm understanding of what's happening under the hood, but without the sense that you're taking a graduate course in OS theory. If you intend to work with this server, this is the only book you need.
- Author BiographyJonathan Hassell is an author, consultant and speaker on a variety of IT topics. His published works includes Learning Windows Server 2003 from O'Reilly, and his work appears regularly in such periodicals as Windows IT Pro, PC Pro and TechNet Magazine. He also speaks worldwide on topics ranging from networking and security to Windows administration.
- Author(s)Jonathan Hassell
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication04/04/2008
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight781 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.