All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWindows Server 2012 Security from End to Edge and Beyond shows you how to architect, design, plan, and deploy Microsoft security techlogies for Windows 8/Server 2012 in the enterprise. The book covers security techlogies that apply to both client and server and enables you to identify and deploy Windows 8 security features in your systems based on different business and deployment scenarios. The book is a single source for learning how to secure Windows 8 in many systems, including core, endpoint, and anywhere access. Authors Tom Shinder and Yuri Diogenes, both Microsoft employees, bring you insider kwledge of the Windows 8 platform, discussing how to deploy Windows security techlogies effectively in both the traditional datacenter and in new cloud-based solutions. With this book, you will understand the conceptual underpinnings of Windows 8 security and how to deploy these features in a test lab and in pilot and production environments. The book's revolutionary Test Lab Guide approach lets you test every subject in a predefined test lab environment. This, combined with conceptual and deployment guidance, enables you to understand the techlogies and move from lab to production faster than ever before. Critical material is also presented in key concepts and scenario-based approaches to evaluation, planning, deployment, and management. Videos illustrating the functionality in the Test Lab can be downloaded from the authors' blog http://blogs.technet.com.b.security_talk/. Each chapter wraps up with a bullet list summary of key concepts discussed in the chapter.
- Author BiographyDr. Tom Shinder is a 17 year veteran of the IT industry. Prior to entering IT, Dr. Tom graduated from the University of Illinois College of Medicine with a Doctor of Medicine and was a practicing neurologist with special interests in epilepsy and multiple sclerosis. Dr. Tom began his career in IT as a consultant, and has worked with many large companies, including Fina Oil, Microsoft, IBM, HP, Dell and many others. He started his writing career toward the end of the 1990s and has published over 30 books on Windows, Windows Networking, Windows Security and ISA Server/TMG, UAG and Microsoft DirectAccess. For over a decade, ISA Server and TMG were Tom's passions, and he ran the popular web site www.isaserver.org, in addition to writing 8 books on ISA/TMG. Tom joined Microsoft in December of 2009 as a member of the UAG DirectAccess team and started the popular Edge Man blog that covered UAG DirectAccess. He is currently a Principal Knowledge Engineer in the Server and Cloud Division Information Experience Group Solution's Team and his primary focus now is private cloud - with special interests in private cloud infrastructure and security. Yuri Diogenes started working on IT field as computer operator back in 1993 using MS-DOS 5.5 and Windows 3.1. In 1998 moved to a Microsoft Partner where he was instructor for computer classes and also wrote internal training materials such as Windows NT 4 and Networking Essentials. His initial experience with security started in 1998 when he had to setup the Internet security connectivity using Microsoft Proxy 2.0 and Cisco routers. In 2001 Yuri released his first book (in Portuguese) about Cisco CCNA Certification. In 2003 Yuri accepted the offer to be a Professor in a University in Brazil where he taught operating system and computer networks classes. In December 2003 he moved to United States to work for Microsoft as a contractor in the Customer Service and Support for Latin America messaging division. In 2004 he moved to Dell Computers in Round Rock, Texas to work as Server Advisor in the Network Operating System (NOS) Team, dealing primarily with Windows, Exchange and ISA (2000/2004). Yuri returned to MS as a full time employee in 2006 to work again on the Customer Service and Support for Latin America, but at this time to be dedicated to the platform division. There I was responsible to primarily support Windows Networking and ISA Server (200/2004/2006) for enterprise customers from Latin America. In 2007 he joined the Customer Services and Support Security Team as a Security Support Engineer where he was dedicated to work with Edge protection (ISA Server and then TMG). In 2010 Yuri co-wrote the Forefront Administrator's Companion book and also three other Forefront books in partnership with Tom Shinder. During this time Yuri also wrote articles for his own blog (blogs.technet.com/yuridiogenes), TechNet Magazine, ISSA Journal and other Security magazines in Brazil. Nowadays Yuri Diogenes works as a Senior Technical Writer for the Server and Cloud division Information Experience Team where he writes articles about Cloud Infrastructure with security functionalities baked in. On his currently role he also deliver presentations at public events such as TechED US, Europe, Brazil and internal Microsoft conferences such as TechReady. Currently Yuri is also working on his Master degree in Cybersecurity Intelligence & Forensics at UTICA while also writing the second edition of his Security+ book (in Portuguese). Yuri holds several industry certifications, including CISSP, E|CEH, E|CSA, CompTIA, Security+, CompTIA Cloud Essentials Certified, CompTIA Network+, CASP, MCSE, MCTS, MCT and many other Microsoft certifications. You can follow Yuri Diogenes on Twitter @yuridiogenes Debra Littlejohn Shinder is a technology consultant, trainer and writer who has authored a number of books on computer operating systems, networking, and client and server security over the last fourteen years. These includ
- Author(s)Debra Littlejohn Shinder,Thomas W. Shinder,Yuri Diogenes
- PublisherSyngress Media,U.S.
- Date of Publication05/06/2013
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRockland, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyngress Media,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight1100 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.