Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $93.70Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $142.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you're writing a native Win32 program or just want to kw what the OS is really doing underneath, you need John's book. He covers the stuff that real systems programmers absolutely must kw. Recommended. -Chris Sells, Microsoft Corporation This fourth edition does a great job of incorporating new features in the Vista, Windows 2008, and Windows 7 API, but also stays true to teaching the foundational elements of building applications that target the Windows OS. -Jason Beres, Product Management, Infragistics The Definitive Guide to Windows API Programming, Fully Updated for Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Vista Windows System Programming, Fourth Edition, w contains extensive new coverage of 64-bit programming, parallelism, multicore systems, and many other crucial topics. Johnson Hart's robust code examples have been updated and streamlined throughout. They have been debugged and tested in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, on single and multiprocessor systems, and under Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008, and Windows XP. To clarify program operation, sample programs are w illustrated with dozens of screenshots. Hart systematically covers Windows externals at the API level, presenting practical coverage of all the services Windows programmers need, and emphasizing how Windows functions actually behave and interact in real-world applications. Hart begins with features used in single-process applications and gradually progresses to more sophisticated functions and multithreaded environments. Topics covered include file systems, memory management, exceptions, processes, threads, synchronization, interprocess communication, Windows services, and security. New coverage in this edition includes * Leveraging parallelism and maximizing performance in multicore systems * Promoting source code portability and application interoperability across Windows, Linux, and UNIX * Using 64-bit address spaces and ensuring 64-bit/32-bit portability * Improving performance and scalability using threads, thread pools, and completion ports * Techniques to improve program reliability and performance in all systems * Windows performance-enhancing API features available starting with Windows Vista, such as slim reader/writer locks and condition variables A companion Web site, jmhartsoftware.com, contains all sample code, Visual Studio projects, additional examples, errata, reader comments, and Windows commentary and discussion.
- Author BiographyJohnson M. Hart is a consultant specializing in Microsoft Windows and .NET application development, open systems computing, technical training and writing, and software engineering. He has more than twenty-five years of experience as a software engineer, manager, engineering director, and senior technology consultant at Cilk Arts, Inc., Sierra Atlantic, Hewlett-Packard, and Apollo Computer. He served as computer science professor at the University of Kentucky for nine years, and has authored all four editions of Windows System Programming.
- Author(s)Johnson M. Hart
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication21/08/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Weight1061 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.