Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.06Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $48.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWindows XP in a Nutshell, Second Edition documents everything there is to kw about the world's most widely used operating system. Updated to include information on Service Pack 2 (SP2), this compact guide is the ultimate resource for IT professionals and Windows XP power users everywhere. Written in O'Reilly's time-tested in a Nutshell format, Windows XP in a Nutshell, Second Edition cuts through the hype and delivers practical details in a -nsense manner. At the heart of the book is an invaluable 200-plus-page section titled Windows XP Application and Tools. In it, readers will find: * A list of available commands and utilities, including Start Menu accessories, command prompt tools, and hidden system administration utilities * A Task and Setting Index for quick access to hundreds of XP settings * A complete reference to XP's command prompt, including advanced commands and scripting features Windows XP in a Nutshell, Second Edition also includes a primer on files, folders, and windows; control panels and built-in applications; how to set up a PC for Internet use; and the standard Windows rituals of troubleshooting, installation, and upgrading. And, of course, this greatly expanded second edition also includes all the need-to-kw details about the security techlogies featured in SP 2, so you can better defend yourself against viruses, worms, and hackers. Readers even receive guidelines and instructions for installing SP2 on their PC, or across a network of computers. With its wealth of tips, careful instruction, and expert advice, this must-have desktop reference is dedicated to making your time at the computer safer, easier, and more fun.
- Author BiographyDavid A. Karp is the author of the best-selling Windows Annoyances series of books and the founder of Annoyances.org. His latest books include eBay Hacks and the upcoming eBay: The Missing Manual. Tim O'Reilly is the founder and CEO of O'Reilly & Associates, thought by many to be the best computer book publisher in the world. O'Reilly also publishes online through the O'Reilly Network (www oreillynet.com) and hosts conferences on technology topics. Tim is an activist for open source and open standards, and an opponent of software patents and other incursions of new intellectual property laws into the public domain. Tim's long-term vision for his company is to help change the world by capturing and transmitting the knowledge of innovators. For everything Tim, see tim.oreilly.com. Troy Mott is a corporate services agent for Studio B, where he works with authors supplying technical content to corporations. He is a co-author of O'Reilly's Windows XP in a Nutshell.
- Author(s)David Karp,Tim O'Reilly,Troy Mott
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication05/02/2005
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight904 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.59Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.