Windows to the Womb: Revealing the Conscious Baby from Conception to Birth by David Chamberlain (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWindows to the Womb is an eloquent guide through the first nine months of life from conception to birth. In the past, the invisible physical processes of fetal development were mysterious and largely unexplainable, but in the past half-century, breakthroughs in embryology, interuterine photography, ultrasound, and other sensitive instruments of measurement have enabled us to make systematic observations inside the womb. We w understand that fetuses are fully sentient and aware beings. In this new climate of appreciation for the surprising dimensions of fetal behavior, sensitivity, and intelligence, this book brings a host of new information to light about the transformative journey each one of us must undergo in the womb. With reverent awe, the author describes the amazing construction of our physical bodies, the ultimate architecture, and draws parallels with the expansion of our minds as our brains and senses develop and grow. Dr. Chamberlain details new discoveries in embryonic and fetal research that support his own findings on the impact of the mother's emotional and physical state during pregnancy; the importance of bonding at the earliest stages, long before birth; and the steps that expectant parents can take to ensure the most nurturing start in life for their children.
- Author BiographyDavid Chamberlain, PhD, is a California psychologist, scholar, author, and international lecturer with over 60 publications and 27 years of leadership in the Association for Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Health (APPPAH). In a landmark study of mother and child pairs in 1980, he demonstrated that birth memories were reliable and not fantasies. In 2003, Mothering magazine celebrated David as a Living Treasure. He was a founding faculty member of Santa Barbara Graduate Institute; in 2006 the institute conferred upon him an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree. In 2007, he was honored at the Gentle Birth World Conference with the Mother Goose Award for his work with mothers and babies. The author lives in Nevada City, CA.
- Author(s)David Chamberlain
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication27/02/2013
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Out-of-print date06/12/2016
- Weight358 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.