All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTraitor or saviour? Tony Windsor has been called both in his 22-year political career, but never more often than when he supported Julia Gillard's government in 2010. And w he's back. After three years in retirement, Tony Windsor refuses to stand by and watch regional Australia relegated to being taken for granted. In the forthcoming election he will go head to head with the leader of the National Party, Barnaby Joyce in the seat of New England. Windsor's Way reveals Tony's courageous political path-as a young branch member he moved a -confidence motion against the National Party leader. He conducted a rigorous 17-day assessment period of Tony Abbott and Julia Gillard's promises following the indecisive 2010 election and then seized the opportunities of the subsequent hung parliament. By staying true to his values and beliefs in difficult and challenging times, Tony Windsor has become an emblem of integrity and decency in Australian politics.
- Author BiographyTony Windsor was the Independent Member for Tamworth (1991-2001) in the NSW Parliament for ten years and the Independent member for New England in the federal parliament for twelve years.
- Author(s)Tony Windsor
- PublisherMelbourne University Press
- Date of Publication30/05/2016
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationCarlton
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2016
- ImprintMelbourne University Press
- Weight252 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementUpdated ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.