All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinemaking from the vineyard to shipment of the bottled product is a series of challenges for winemaking staff. The introductory narrative of this book is designed to be an overview, from the wine microbiologist's point of view, of those critical junctures in the process (CCPs) that are of concern in wine quality as well as intervention/control programs to address them. The second edition of Wine Microbiology builds upon the foundation of its highly successful predecessor with emphasis on modern molecular methods. It has been revised and updated with recent data and conclusions in all chapters.
- Author BiographyKenneth C. Fugelsang has been associated with California State University (Fresno) since 1970 and is now winemaster and professor of enology. He is an author of 12 books and over 100 technical papers and presentations. Professor Fugelsang has been recipient of the Claude Laval Award for Innovative Technology, the University Award for Research and Scholarly Activity, as well as the Outstanding Alumnus Award from the College of Science and Mathematics. In addition to teaching and research responsibilities, he is responsible for operation of the university's commercial 50,000 gallon winery where student-produced wines have received over 150 super, gold, and silver awards at national and international wine competitions. Charles G. Edwards received his Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, and Doctor of Philosophy degrees in food science from Oregon State University (1982), Cornell University (1985), and The Pennsylvania State University (1989), respectively. He is currently a professor with the Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition at Washington State University (Pullman, Washington, USA). Dr. Edwards is an author of 150+ technical papers and presentations and is sole author of Illustrated Guide to Microbes and Sediments in Wine, Beer, and Juice. His laboratory was award the best research paper published in the American Journal of Enology and Viticulture in 1991 and best student presentations at the American Society for Enology and Viticulture annual meeting in 2004. Dr. Edwards currently teaches courses in food chemistry and wine microbiology/processing.
- Author(s)Charles Edwards,Kenneth C. Fugelsang
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note23 black & white tables, biography
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2007
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.