Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionIn Wine Secrets , forty of the world's top wine experts share the tricks, techniques, and wisdom they've learned through decades of experience. Celebrity chef Jacques Pepin shares the best uses for leftover wine in the kitchen. Sommelier Oliver Baru proves that you sometimes can judge a wine by its label. Restaurateur Piero Selvaggio tells diners the best way to send back an unacceptable bottle, plus tips on tasting, drinking, ordering, storing, and more. Each technique is described in the chef's own words, along with a short profile and commentary from author/sommelier Marnie Old. With advice ranging from the basics (does anything pair well with broccoli?) to the extreme (yes, you can freeze open bottles of wine!), Wine Secrets will appeal to beginners as well as established oephiles. With charming illustrations and contributions from some of the world's biggest wine experts, this sophisticated package is the perfect addition to any wine lover's bookshelf.
- Author BiographyMarnie Old is one of the best-known sommeliers and wine educators in the United States. Her experience in the wine industry includes five years as sommelier at Philadelphia's Striped Bass restaurant, and she has created wine lists for many upscale eateries including Morimoto and Buddakan in New York City and Bar Ferdinand, Ansill, and the Saloon in Philadelphia. She is the assistant dean of wine studies at Manhattan's French Culinary Institute, a member of the faculty at Temple University and the University of Delaware, and beverage columnist for Philadelphia magazine.
- Author(s)Marnie Old
- PublisherQuirk Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuirk Books
- Out-of-print date17/06/2015
- Content Note14 Two-colour illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width137 mm
- Height189 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.