All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGlobalization has pushed back the borders of the wine world, creating a complex, interconnected market where Old World and New World wines and producers compete head to head. Writing with wit and verve, Mike Veseth (a.k.a. the Wine Ecomist) tells the compelling story of the war between the market forces that are redrawing the world wine map and the terroirists who resist them. It is the battle for the future of wine-and even for its soul. The fight isn't just over bottles bought and sold, however; power and taste are also at stake. Who will call the shots in the wine market of the future? Who will set the price? Whose palate will prevail? Will it be Two Buck Chuck or tradition-steeped vintners? Veseth masterfully brings all of these questions together in the only book on the wine business written engagingly for all lovers of wine.
- Author BiographyMike Veseth is the Robert G. Albertson Professor of International Political Economy at the University of Puget Sound and author of the blog WineEconomist.com. He is a widely quoted authority on global wine market trends. He lives in Tacoma, Washington.
- PrizesWinner of Gourmand World Cookbook Awards: Best Book on the History of Wine 2011.
- Author(s)Michael Veseth
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/06/2011
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Weight513 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.