All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOf the 7,953 Bomber Command aircraft lost on night operations during the Second World War, an estimated 5,833 fell victim to Luftwaffe night fighters. In this detailed re-enactment of the air war over Western Europe and the raids flown by the men of RAF Bomber Command, author Martin Bowman pieces together official data with the words and memories of the pilots and air crew who took part. Detailing many unique experiences during the night bombing raids that were hurled against Hitler's war machine, these truly epic stories span the period between November 1939 and 1945 and form an appropriate epitaph to the men of RAF Bomber Command.
- Author BiographyMartin W. Bowman is the author of more than 80 books on military and commercial aviation, and is a frequent contributor of photographs and articles for Flight International, Rolls-Royce Magazine, and Aeroplane Monthly. In 1999 he was appointed an official researcher for DERA.
- Author(s)Martin W. Bowman
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/07/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white plates
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.