All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $16.02
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $46.35
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $38.01Trending at AU $44.14
About this product
- DescriptionWinnie and Wilbur: The Amazing Pumpkin (Paperback & CD), the new edition, is available on ISBN: 9780192749079. Winnie and Wilbur love their vegetables. They are regulars at the weekly farmers' market to stock up on their greens, but bringing them back home on a broomstick proves to be rather hazardous. So Winnie decides to grow her own and digs a vegetable patch in her garden. Not having the patience of a true gardener, she uses a little magic to speed up the growing process ...only to end up with a garden overrun by ermous vegetables. She uses her giant pumpkin to make pumpkin pies, pumpkin scones, creamy pumpkin soup for Wilbur, and dish after dish of roast pumpkin. She invites all her neighbours to help themselves to pumpkin, too. Eventually the yummy orange flesh is all gone but the shell remains. What can Winnie do with it? She waves her wand, shouts 'Abracadabra!', and something amazing happens ...This edition comes with an audio CD where the story is narrated over an imaginative soundtrack of music and effects.
- Author BiographyValerie Thomas was born in Australia and has lived there for most of her life. Although she doesn't have a broomstick, she has travelled to most parts of the world, and she is now trying to organize her life so that she never has to experience another winter. She used to live with a big black cat exactly like Wilbur. Korky Paul was born in Zimbabwe. He began his illustration career in Greece, working on a series of educational books. Prior to being published in the UK by Oxford University Press, he worked in advertising and studied film animation in California. His illustrated books have won numerous awards, including the Children's Book Award on two occasions, and have been shortlisted for the Kate Greenaway Award on three occasions. He now lives in Oxford with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)Valerie Thomas
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication04/03/2010
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date09/08/2016
- Content Notein full colour
- Weight186 g
- Width214 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Korky Paul
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.