CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionWinning Beyond The Scoreboard, As The UNDERDOG, The Final Score Is What Counts! (July 6, 2010). Lamont Turners first book takes readers on a journey of self-discovery as he teaches them that, underdogs or t, they can create the option to guarantee victory. Turner tackles and provides the ultimate solution for one of the great paradoxes of our time: by whose scoreboards am I winning or losing? He leaves the reader with Sixty Savvy Tips to Overcome the UNDERDOG Mentality. By re-evaluating his own record of success as a Vanderbilt student, a Vanderbilt football captain and a medical devices sales representative, Turner realizes that the scoreboards created by his critics do t have the final say. Instead, he discovers that winning goes beyond any critics scoreboard. He shares how winning on the UNDERDOGs new, recalibrated scoreboard is the final score that counts. UNDERDOGS are the Underestimated Nobodies Delivering Extraordinary Results Despite Opposing odds, author Turner defines, and he provides his readers with sixty chapters to help them reveal the God within themselves. Each chapter has a story each taken from the worlds of football and corporate America -- which offers an intangible lesson learned, a real world application of the lesson, and a question to help lead readers to the discovery of the God within themselves. Afterward, readers will have the option to recalibrate their UNDERDOG status to a winning status, on the scoreboard that matters most: their God-given scoreboard. Many felt that anyone could win after President Barak Obama became the first, broadcasted, black President of the United States of America. Now, many feel destined to lose in these challenging ecomic times. Ackwledging how critics are always creating scoreboards to determine winners and losers, the author challenges readers to look themselves in the mirror to ask, Am I winning or losing? By which scoreboard am I winning or losing? Despite the winning/losing score critics have, the author suggests that readers can recalibrate their critics scoreboards, to win on their ultimate scoreboards. To recalibrate means to precisely readjust. Reading this book will recalibrate readers definition of winning and losing. By looking beyond how he and his Vanderbilt Football peers were statistically categorized as UNDERDOGS/losers by College Footballs News scoreboard, the author discovers how to recalibrate what winning and losing means to him. The author shares how the winning/losing scoreboard definitions of the U.S. Ecomy - Field Guide To The U.S. Ecomy, U.S. News Americas Best Colleges, The Washington Monthly College Rankings (2009), The Probability Of Competing Beyond The High School Level study, and the Friday, September 27, 2002, Tennessean Sports article, Vols Graduation Rates Still Falling, were all different from College Footballs News scoreboard definition of winning/losing. The author uncovers the godly/Godly secrets of determining who wins/loses. This book is for those that have been either considered UNDERDOgs, or for those who feel like UNDERDOGs. And yes, that includes YOU! While there is still time on the scoreboard of your life, the author encourages you to WIN despite your opposing critics. About the author: Lamont Turner is a Franklin, Tennessee, native who graduated from Vanderbilt University in three years with Blue-Gray All-Star, Deans List, and All-Academic SEC hors. After being released from the Cleveland Browns as an undrafted free agent, he started a career as a medical device sales representative. After almost ten years in the industry and after he married his immigrant wife, he chose to take a step back for a retrospective look at his UNDERDOG journey so that he could share it with others through this book.
- Author(s)Lamont Turner
- Date of Publication06/07/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight476 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.