Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this book is to describe the business development process used by the most successful government contractors to identify, qualify, capture, and manage federal, state and local government business. It also contains numerous lessons learned as well as training course material based on the author's nine years as a successful consultant and more than 25 years experience as a government techlogy sales and management executive and marketing instructor. It is also based on best practices the consultant helped implement at companies such as McDonald Bradley and Grant Thornton Global Public Sector as well as his regular Federal Computer Week management columns.
- Author BiographyAs an independent consultant and president of Celerity Works, Michael Lisagor has been providing business development and management expertise to help government and industry manage their business and organizational growth since 1999. In this role, Mr. Lisagor has performed over 450 organizational interviews, facilitated over 500 meetings and coached over 150 individuals. Prior to 1999, as a divisional vice president and program manager for small and large government contractors, Mr. Lisagor developed and implemented strategic plans; conducted extensive business development and project management training programs; and managed numerous public sector software, integration and consulting contracts for various civilian and defense agencies. He was a program manager on several defense and civilian agency technology projects in the 1970s and 1980s. Mr. Lisagor writes a regular column on management column for Federal Computer Week and is the co-founder of the annual E-Gov Program Management Summit where he has facilitates the entire two day program. He has also been the co-chair of the AFFIRM Emerging Issues Forum for the last eleven years affording him a unique grasp of the challenges and technologies facing government managers. Mr. Lisagor is also the author of The Enlightened Manager - Lessons on leadership (www.amazon.com). He has a Masters of Science Degree in Management from National Louis University and has developed and taught comprehensive project management courses and marketing for managers. Mr. Lisagor has over 15 years experience developing and presenting training sessions on a variety of project management, customer satisfaction, marketing and sales subjects including project management fundamentals, risk management, managing client expectations, introduction to marketing, and sales for managers. As a trainer and coach, Mr. Lisagor draws on his over 25 years of senior project management expertise in the government sector.
- Author(s)Michael Lisagor
- Date of Publication22/09/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.