Wired to Create: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Creative Mind by Carolyn Gregoire, Scientific Director the Imagination Institute and Researcher Positive Psychology Center Scott Barry Kaufman (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the ten things highly creative people do differently. Is it possible to make sense of something as elusive as creativity?Based on psychologist Scott Barry Kaufman s groundbreaking research and Carolyn Gregoire s popular article in the Huffington Post, Wired to Create offers a glimpse inside the messy minds of highly creative people. Revealing the latest findings in neuroscience and psychology, along with engaging examples of artists and invators throughout history, the book shines a light on the practices and habits of mind that promote creative thinking. Kaufman and Gregoire untangle a series of paradoxes like mindfulness and daydreaming, seriousness and play, openness and sensitivity, and solitude and collaboration to show that it is by embracing our own contradictions that we are able to tap into our deepest creativity. Each chapter explores one of the ten attributes and habits of highly creative people: Imaginative Play * Passion * Daydreaming * Solitude * Intuition * Openness to Experience * Mindfulness * Sensitivity * Turning Adversity into Advantage * Thinking Differently With insights from the work and lives of Pablo Picasso, Frida Kahlo, Marcel Proust, David Foster Wallace, Thomas Edison, Josephine Baker, John Lenn, Michael Jackson, musician Thom Yorke, chess champion Josh Waitzkin, video-game designer Shigeru Miyamoto, and many other creative luminaries, Wired to Create helps us better understand creativity and shows us how to enrich this essential aspect of our lives.
- Author BiographyScott Barry Kaufman, Ph.D., is scientific director of the Imagination Institute andinvestigates the measurement and development of imagination, creativity and well-beingin the Positive Psychology Center at the University of Pennsylvania. He has written or edited six previous books, includingUngifted: Intelligence Redefined. He is also co-founder ofThe Creativity Post, host ofThe Psychology Podcast, and he writes the blog Beautiful Minds forScientific American. Kaufman lives in Philadelphia. Carolyn Gregoireis a senior writer at the Huffington Post, where she reports on psychology, mental health, and neuroscience.She has spoken at TEDx and the Harvard Public Health Forum, and has appeared on MSNBC, the Today show, the History Channel and HuffPost Live. Gregoire lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Carolyn Gregoire,Scientific Director the Imagination Institute and Researcher Positive Psychology Center Scott Barry Kaufman
- Date of Publication29/12/2015
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight408 g
- Width142 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.