Wired to Run: The Runaholics Anonymous Guide to Living with Running Addiction by Scoop Skupien (Paperback / softback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver 35 million people will go running this year in the United States alone. For some of us, it's more than just a hobby-over 11 million of us are runaholics.Runners and addicts. Addicts and runners. The two hardly seem to go together . . . unless you're one of those people who periodically put a couple of miles on your running shoes and then think things like, Boy, this feels good. I could go all day long. Then you do. Or at least try to. Running and addiction--as in running addiction--do indeed go together like chocolate and peanut butter, as Wired to Run makes so perfectly clear. Written by Scoop Skupien, a habitual runner for the past 30 years and the founder of Runaholics Anymous, Wired to Run is a humorous trip through the world of runaholics and a host of issues that the running obsessed can't quite leave in their dust. It's a good-natured satire of healing groups that will keep readers--whether they're runners or run enablers--laughing page after breathless page. Central to the book and the whole online Runaholics Anymous organization is Skupien's 12-Step program for recognizing and dealing with this mental and very physical disorder. From We admit that we are powerless over running to We reach the Pinnacle: the ability to run in moderation, the self-help style mixes laughs with actual training tips and other helpful advice. The combination-along with hilarious analysis of six different running types that encompass just about anyone who's ever broken a sweat--pokes great fun at runners, their odd habits, and their running rituals. It's definitely fun on the run!
- Author BiographyScoop Skupien began his road to running ruin at the age of six. For the last 30-odd years, he's run and raced through everything from blistering summer days to snow-drifted winter nights. Scoop has one officially sanctioned marathon in his logbook, but he has binged and run more than 26 miles at a time on numerous occasions throughout his addiction. His personal records include running 547 consecutive days and unintentionally throwing up on spectators in six separate races.
- Author(s)Scoop Skupien
- PublisherAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAndrews McMeel Publishing
- Out-of-print date22/12/2016
- Weight254 g
- Width141 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.