Wireless Java for Symbian Devices by Alan Robinson, Colin Turfus, Lucy Sweet, Jonathan Allin (Paperback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $128.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $48.00Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by mybookstoreonline
- Est. delivery by 7 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description.. .as computing moves away from the desktop and into our hands, we demand ever-higher reliability. Device manufacturers and service providers can longer afford to think in terms of proprietary systems. They think instead of open standards and cross-platform Java techlogy. From the foreword by Greg Papadopoulos, CTO, Sun Microsystems, Inc. Java on Symbian OS is a powerful programming environment that enables fast, secure deployment of applications and services onto a wide range of wireless devices. Symbian's Java implementation gives developers access to key wireless techlogies, including telephony, contacts management, calendaring, Datagram messaging and power monitoring. Complete with numerous illustrative and real-world examples, this 'from-the-source' guide provides developers with authoritative, practical and timely information on:
- using the Symbian Software Development Kits.
- the JavaPhone and Personal Java APIs, and how they are implemented.
- writing efficient and optimized code for constrained devices.
- understanding and working with Java on Communicator reference designs.
- creating games.
- accessing native functionality through JNI (Java Native Interface).
- creating wireless services.
- operator and service provider issues, including security, provisioning, rapid and reliable development.
- Author BiographyJONATHAN ALLIN is Symbian's Java Technology Manager. He is one of a number of people in Symbian whose role is to ensure that Symbian provides a first class Java platform for wireless information devices. He is responsible for Symbian's Wireless Java technology training program and wrote the Java section in Professional Symbian Programming.
- Author(s)Alan Robinson,Colin Turfus,Jonathan Allin,Lucy Sweet
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/08/2001
- SubjectComputing: General
- Series TitleSymbian Press
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight920 g
- Width189 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.