All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionWireless communication is one of the fastest growing industry segments today. Many types of wireless networks are w being used for applications such as personal communication, entertainment, rural and urban healthcare, smart home building, inventory control, and surveillance. This book introduces the basic concepts of wireless networks and mobile computing to give engineering students at the undergraduate/graduate level a solid background in the field. It also looks at the latest research and challenging problems in the field to serve as a reference for advanced-level researchers. Wireless Networks and Mobile Computing begins with an introduction to the different types of wireless networks, including Wi-Fi, ZigBee, cellular mobile, ad hoc, cognitive radio, wireless mesh, and wireless sensor. Subsequent chapters address more advanced topics such as: * Mobility, bandwidth, and de location management issues in mobile networks * Message communication techniques and protocols in ad hoc networks * Recent research and future direction of wireless local area networks (WLANs) * Deployment of sensor des in wireless sensor networks (WSNs) * Energy-efficient communication in wireless networks * Security aspects of wireless communication The book includes exercises at the end of every chapter to help give students a better insight into the topics presented. It includes a number of advanced-level exercises, which are research problems that may be taken up by researchers in the respective areas. This book provides a valuable reference for classroom study/teaching as well as for techlogy development and research in the relevant areas.
- Author BiographyKoushik Sinha is a faculty member in the Department of Computer Science, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, USA. He has more than a decade of R&D work experience at several renowned organizations such as Qatar Computing Research Institute, Hewlett-Packard Labs, and Honeywell Technology Solutions. He was also a Visiting Scientist at the Indian Statistical Institute, Bangalore. His current research areas include secure and energy-efficient wireless communication in ad hoc and sensor networks, mobile computing, and social computing. He is a Senior Member of the IEEE. Sasthi C. Ghosh is a faculty member at the Advanced Computing and Microelectronics Unit of the Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, India. Prior to that, he worked on UMTS network design as a Research Associate in the School of Computer Science, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK. He also visited the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, McMaster University, Ontario, Canada and the Institute of Mathematical Science, Chennai, India. His current research interests include UMTS network design, wireless mesh networks (WiFi & WiMax), mobile computing, and wireless networks. Bhabani P. Sinha is a professor at the Advanced Computing and Microelectronics Unit of the Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta. He also holds a Distinguished Adjunct Professor position at the National Institute of Technology, Arunachal Pradesh, India. He was an Indian Space Research Organization Chair Professor at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India. He was a Humboldt fellow of Germany and also a visiting faculty of Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, University of Central Florida, Orlando, and Clemson University, South Carolina. He has more than forty years of research experience in the areas of computer architectures, algorithms, parallel and distributed computing, mobile computing, and wireless communication. He served as an editor of the IEEE Transactions on VLSI Systems and as a subject area editor of the Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing. He is a Fellow of the IEEE, USA.
- Author(s)Bhabani P. Sinha,Koushik Sinha,Sasthi C. Ghosh
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication18/01/2016
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note143 black & white illustrations, 53 black & white tables
- Weight884 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.