All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionWisconsin s Own tells the story of the considerable contribution Wisconsin s historic homes have made to American residential architecture. It also answers questions you ve likely asked when you ve seen a table historic home: Who built this house? What brought them here? Why did they select that particular style? How is it that this historic home still stands today, despite development pressures?Authors M. Caren Conlly and Louis Wasserman and the Wisconsin Historical Society researched and carefully considered 1,500 potential houses before narrowing the selection to twenty of the state s most remarkable residences built between 1854 and 1939. The houses are a mix of public ones you may have visited and private homes you ve been hoping for an invitation to explore. The homes are representative of the varied architectural styles in Wisconsin, from an Italianate along the Mississippi and an interpretation of a sixteenth-century rthern Italian villa overlooking Lake Michigan to an Adirondack-style camp in the North Woods and a fourteen-bedroom Georgian Revival mansion on Lake Geneva. The Prairie School is, of course, represented, with examples by Frank Lloyd Wright and his mentor Louis Sullivan.Richly illustrated with the photography of Zane Williams complemented by historical images and watercolors and line drawings by the authors, Wisconsin s Own offers an intimate tour of residential treasures that have endured the test of time.
- Author BiographyM. Caren Connolly and Louis Wasserman have collaborated in their Milwaukee architectural practice for more than twenty years. Wisconsin's Own is their fourth joint book on residential architecture.Zane Williams has been a professional location photographer for four decades, with wide-ranging assignments both abroad and in his home state of Wisconsin.
- Author(s)Louis Wasserman,M Caren Connolly
- PublisherWisconsin Historical Society Press
- Date of Publication07/09/2010
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWisconsin Historical Society Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white line drawings, colour line drawings, maps
- Weight2091 g
- Width284 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Photographer(s)Zane Williams
- Foreword byEllsworth H Brown
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.