All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive collection of 500 tips written by poultry expert Chris Graham covers all aspects of keeping chickens including: Becoming a Hen Keeper; Housing and Equipment; Choosing Chickens; Feeding Chickens; Eggs and Meat; Flock Needs; Breeding and Showing; and, Ailments. The tips are grouped logically so that vices can build their kwledge gradually, while old hands might prefer to dip in and out at random or use the index to refer to specific topics. The tips are also accompanied by simple antated diagrams where required. Illustrated throughout with specially commissioned licut prints by award-winning printmaker Melvyn Evans, Wisdom for Henkeeping is an ideal companion for newcomers to henkeeping, and also a perfect gift for more experienced poultry keepers.
- Author BiographyChris Graham has been the editor of market-leading Practical Poultry magazine (www.practicalpoultry.com) since it launched in 2004. As a trained photographer and experienced editor, he worked for 20 years on motoring magazines, then made a welcomed switch to the rural sector. He now also edits Practical Pigs magazine, and is the author of Choosing and Keeping Chickens (Hamlyn, 2006). Chris keeps chickens, quail, pigs, cats, a dog, and a number of elderly lawn mowers at his home in rural East Sussex.
- Author(s)Chris Graham
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Natural History
- Content NoteFull-colour illustrations throughout
- Weight687 g
- Width153 mm
- Height208 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.