All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2012, there were more than 1 million American home brewers, and that number is climbing. More Americans are becoming interested in do-it-yourself production and local sourcing, as well as artisanal craft beers and the creativity and artistic expression they represent. Now, for the first time since before Prohibition, home brewing is legal in all 50 states, paving the way for home brewers everywhere to build their community through sample swaps and competitions, and, in a few places, small-scale production at pubs. Complete vices can enter the home-brewing market for as little as $50, which will buy a low-end beer-making kit. Brew masters who have been crafting beer for many years search out new ingredients and experiment with blending styles. Anyone who brews, regardless of skill level, will search out advice to help ensure their beer is satisfying and delicious. In Wisdom for Home Brewers, a collection of 500 brewing tips plus basic recipes for different kinds of beer, Ted Bruningcombines practical instruction for beginners with more detailed, obscure, and even a little surprising information for those who ve been at it for years. Tips are divided into ten chapters covering everything from equipment and ingredients to troubleshooting and storage. The tips are accompanied by simple antated diagrams where required, and a series of specially commissioned licut prints by printmaker Melvyn Evans completes the charming package.
- Author BiographyTed Bruning is an award-winning beer and brewery writer who has been writing on the topic for over 20 years. He spent 13 years working on the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) membership newspaper and was the editor of CAMRA's What's Brewing for 8 years. He wrote the books Historic Pubs of London and Historic Inns of England, the latter of which won the British Beer Writers' Guild Silver Tankard in 2000. He is also the author of Home Brewing: A guide to making your own beer, wine and cider (published by the National Trust) and The Microbrewers' Handbook (which is now in its fourth edition).
- Author(s)Nigel Sadler,Ted Bruning
- PublisherTaunton Press
- Date of Publication02/09/2014
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTaunton Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width163 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.