All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $15.54Trending at AU $17.98
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Sundar Singh disappeared in the Himalayas in 1929, the world mourned. His 23-year pilgrimage as a sadhu had led him through at least 20 countries on four continents. He had profoundly influenced tens of thousands of people. Though hugely popular in India and Europe during his lifetime, Sundar Singh's writings have t been readily available to readers in the English-speaking world for decades. With Wisdom of the Sadhu , a collection of anecdotes, sayings, parables, and meditations, his spirit has been brought alive for a new generation. Couched as they are in a distinctly Indian idiom, his teachings probe the essence of the Gospels with unusual freshness and offer insights of great value.
- Author BiographyOne of the first Indian Christian teachers to receive worldwide attention in modern times, Sundar Singh (1889-1929) wandered throughout Tibet and the Indian subcontinent as a sadhu, a penniless pilgrim wearing the traditional saffron robe. His distinctly Indian dedication and simple explanations of spiritual truths completely severed the link between Christian faith and western culture - so bringing to life the teachings of Jesus for millions of Indians.
- Author(s)Kim Comer,Sadhu Sundar Singh
- PublisherPlough Publishing House
- Date of Publication01/12/2000
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationEast Sussex
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPlough Publishing House
- Out-of-print date25/10/2009
- Content Noteports.
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Volume editorKim Comer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.