Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.58Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe chance discovery of a letter sets journalist Bill Wheeler off on an investigation into the dark world of opera's greatest genius, Richard Wagner, the man whom Nietzsche described as a 'sickness'. The Wishdaughter - or Wunschmaid - of the title refers to Daniela von Bulow, the mysterious object of Richard Wagner's love. As the true meaning of the Wagner letter starts to become clear, Wheeler is compelled to examine his relationship with his beloved daughter Reah, his ex-wife Tamsin, and Libby Zeigler, the American academic and Wagner-expert who hastened the disintegration of his marriage seven years before. Wishdaughter is an intelligent and uncompromising exploration of the father-daughter relationship, in which Mourby exposes the damage that occurs when overdependent adults disregard the emotional taboos which safeguard young lives. Most of all it is a vel about the need for individuals - and nations - to come to terms with the past before they can move on.
- Author BiographyAdrian Mourby is an international opera correspondent and opera producer. He was an award-winning BBC producer for twelve years, working with such talents as Andrew Davies, Frederic Raphael and Kingsley Amis.
- Author(s)Adrian Mourby
- PublisherPoetry Wales Press
- Date of Publication23/02/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBridgend
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight594 g
- Width150 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.