All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Austrian physicist Ludwig Eduard Boltzmann (1844-1906), educated at the University of Vienna, was appointed professor of mathematical physics at the University of Graz in 1869 at the age of only twenty-five. Boltzmann did important work in the fields of statistical mechanics and statistical thermodynamics; for instance, he contributed to the kinetic theory concerned with molecular speeds in gas. Boltzmann also promoted atomic theory, which at the time was still highly controversial. He was a member of the Imperial Austrian Academy of Sciences from 1885 and became a member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences in 1888. This three-volume work, prepared in 1909 by the physicist Fritz Hasehrl, one of Boltzmann's students, comprises all his academic publications from 1865 to 1905. Volume 3 contains papers from 1882 to 1905, including work on gas diffusion and thermodynamics.
- Author(s)Ludwig Boltzmann
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication23/08/2012
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Physical Sciences
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 b/w illus.
- Weight900 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edited byFriedrich Hasenohrl
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.