All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe third title featuring Lola, the little sister who's larger than life! Perfect for children learning to read. Poor Natalie's broken her leg and is stuck up in her bedroom all alone. But Lola has a plan to keep Natalie from getting bored. It involves a walkie-talkie, her new imaginary friend Mrs Beasly, a puppy called Pebbles, a pig, an elephant and a witch. Oh, and Natalie's brand new birthday bike that she only got to ride once...The Reading Ladder series helps children to enjoy learning to read. It features well-loved authors, classic characters and favourite topics, so that children will find something to excite and engage them in every title they pick up. It's the first step towards a lasting love of reading. Level 2 Reading Ladder titles are perfect for readers who are growing in confidence and are beginning to enjoy longer stories. It features: clear type; up to 8 lines per page; bright, appealing pictures for added interest; a variety of sentence structures; a wider range of vocabulary; and, strong themes and characters to discuss. All Reading Ladder titles are developed with a leading literacy consultant, making them perfect for use in schools and for parents keen to support their children's reading. Book band: Purple
- Author BiographyPatricia Forde has published five books for children, as well as several plays and television drama series. In another life, she was a primary school teacher and the artistic director of Galway Arts Festival. She lives with one husband, two children, one goldfish and two cats in a house in the middle of a small wood in Galway, in the west of Ireland. Her other reading ladder books are Frogs Do Not Like Dragons and Hedgehogs Do Not Like Heights. Joelle Dreidemy has illustrated books by renowned authors such as Anne Fine and Vivian French. She has also illustrated greeting cards for Waterstone's. Joelle lives in France. Series consultant Nikki Gamble is the director of Just Imagine, a specialist resource and training centre for Primary English. She is Associate Consultant at the University of London, Institute of Education.
- Author(s)Patricia Forde
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleReading Ladder Level 2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont UK
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight113 g
- Width145 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Joelle Dreidemy
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.