Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe persecution of witches has a long and bloody history; this illustrated book gives a graphic account of Northampton's history of witchcraft through the ages - from magical rites in the prehistoric era to 1951 when the Witchcraft Act was repealed in Britain. Christianity deemed all witchcraft as heresy and the Church aimed to stamp it out completely. Using a variety of documentary sources, this book unearths Northampton's witchcraft history to give many fascinating accounts of the punishments meted out to those accused and convicted of sorcery, as well as many myths and superstitions, some of which are still followed today. This book should prove a spellbinding read for anyone with an interest in the history of Northamptonshire or anyone who simply enjoys bewitching stories.
- Author BiographyGary Poole has written a number of articles on the subject of witches and witchcraft.
- Author(s)Gary Poole,Karen Stokes
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Series TitleWitches of S.
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteApprox 60
- Weight230 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.