All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis early work by D. H. Parry was originally published in 1917 and we are w republishing it as part of our WWI Centenary Series. 'With Haig on the Somme' is an adventure vel about allied troops and their attempts to push back the German forces at the Somme and other theatres of battle. It also gives some interesting insights into the difficulties of dealing with enemy espionage when planning offensive maeuvres. This work has a jingoistic tone that gives an insight into the nature of the times in which it was written. This book is part of the World War One Centenary series; creating, collating and reprinting new and old works of poetry, fiction, autobiography and analysis. The series forms a commemorative tribute to mark the passing of one of the world's bloodiest wars, offering new perspectives on this tragic yet fascinating period of human history. Each publication also includes brand new introductory essays and a timeline to help the reader place the work in its historical context.
- Author(s)D H Parry
- PublisherLast Post Press
- Date of Publication21/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLast Post Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.