With: Reimagining the Way You Relate to God by Skye Jethani (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStop Living Your Life Under, Over, From and For God and Start Living in Communion With Him. Endorsements If we've grown weary of Christianity, if we find most any local church uninspiring, maybe the problem lies t in the Christian faith or these faithful bodies, but in our own disgruntled hearts. In With, Syke Jethani tenderly unmasks the cliched posturing that too often masquerades as genuine communion with Christ. More importantly, he takes readers to the humble place they must occupy―in prayer, studying Scripture, with the Church―if faith, hope, and love are to truly mark our lives. ―James H. Gilmore, author, The Experience Ecomy Made of the stuff of spiritual classics and presented in simple, contemporary terms, Skye Jethani does each of us a great service in calling us to reimagine the way we relate to God. We so readily fall prey to living out distortions and reductions to our Christian faith―with disastrous consequences. You and I are far more than sinners, consumers, managers, and servants. We are dearly loved by God and made for eternal communion with him. Everything looks different when we live life in response to God's love. ―Paul Louis Metzger, Ph.D., Professor of Christian Theology & Theology of Culture, Multmah Biblical Seminary and author of The Gospel of John: When Love Comes to Town Cleverly using four prepositions--under, over, from, and for, Skye Jethani convincingly diagses the reigning paradigms of life―whether secular or religious--and shows how each one has captured some element of truth but in the end is deficient; Ultimately, they miss the most important thing--real communion with the living God. Thus utilizing one final preposition, With, he lays out what it really means to kw and experience communion with God--a life of faith, hope and love―the very things that we all desperately want and need. This is a helpful, encouraging, and inspiring book. ―Jim Belcher, author of Deep Church It doesn't matter, as old theologians were rumored to argue, how many angels can dance on a pinhead. But it does matter which preposition governs your faith―over, after, against, for, from, under, with. Who knew what huge worlds turn on such tiny words? Who knew what theological riches were laced into the bones of grammar? Skye has done a great service to the church. In prose elegant and clear, with insights keen and deep, he shows how everything changes with just one word: With. It's a book I want my whole church to read. ―Mark Buchanan, author of Spiritual Rhythm Who knew that a preposition had so much influence? Skye's book will challenge the way that you think about God and faith digging deep into our motivations and heart issues. You can't read this book and t see yourself and others differently! ―Margaret Feinberg, author of Scouting the Divine and Hungry for God This book will do for our generation what J.B. Phillips, in his classic Your God is Too Small, did for his. With reveals views of God that can't satisfy and opens up the possibility for exploring a life with God that more than satisfies. ―Scot McKnight, author of One.Life and The Blue Parakeet, professor of theology and biblical studies at North Park University Since I dove into With, I can't stop thinking about it. Skye Jethani's insights will change how you think about God...and you...and how the two of you relate. ―Dr. Kara E. Powell, Executive Director of the Fuller Youth Institute There's a good reason why Skye is a senior editor at Leadership Journal. ..he writes with a stylish verve, real intelligence, and spiritual depth. Suggesting that the basic posture that you adopt towards God determines the quality, meaning, and direction of your life, With is designed to head readers in the right direction. ―Alan Hirsch, author of Untamed, TheForgottenWays.org
- Author BiographySkye Jethani (www.skyejethani.com) is the managing editor of Leadership journal, a magazine and online resource published by Christianity Today International. He also serves as a teaching pastor at Blanchard Alliance Church in Wheaton, Illinois.
- Author(s)Skye Jethani
- PublisherThomas Nelson Publishers
- Date of Publication23/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNashville, TN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintNelson Current
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.