All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the beginning of time, the human race has sought to adorn itself. These adornments cross all societies, cultures, ecomic conditions and social classes. They even transcend religious and personal beliefs. Even more striking, these adornments have become some of our most prized possessions-being passed from one generation to ather. One such adornment has become a cornerstone of one of our most cherished institutions. That institution is marriage and that adornment is the engagement ring. This single item has come to be valued almost above all other things. Both men and women, brothers and sisters have fought over their grandmother's engagement ring. It represents more than an institution or religious event. It means something far deeper and more visceral to each of us. With This Ring speaks to that part of us-that fabric woven over centuries and centuries of time. With This Ring is the true story of 16 engagement rings and the men who purchased them. It is a window into the world of this process, but from the future grooms' perspective. It brings to life their thoughts, emotions and fears as they embark on one of the most important decisions of their lives. While some of the stories are romantic, some funny, and some just tragic, ultimately our hope is that by reading this book, you will gain a new perspective into the journey husbands (and in some cases - almost husbands or ex-husbands) made in buying an engagement ring. The highs and lows, the joys and fears, but most of all the absolute courage and deep love he demonstrated as he passed through the eye of the needle to be able to say 'With This Ring...' Award winning Actor, Director and Writer, Lou Diamond Phillips, has written the Foreward for With This Ring. Not only has he written the foreward, but he is also the subject matter for one of the 16 stories. His Foreward provides additional insight into his world as he prepared himself to take that most exhilarating step and propose-again. His story is funny and heart warming. With This Ring also includes a Diamond Buyer's Guide which includes the first ever authorized use of the Four C's guide from the Gemological Institute of America(r). The GIA is the World's Foremost Authority in Gemology . The Buyer's Guide also includes a Myths and Mismers section to further enlighten people when purchasing a diamond. The Jewelry Design House of Edwards & Rellas was founded in 1994 by Mitchell Edwards & Pericles Rellas. As a private design house, they specialize in creating exquisite, one-of-a-kind jewelry. Their work adorns European Royalty, A-list Celebrities and members of the Forbes 50. They have also been the private jewelers to three generations of one of the top ten wealthiest families in the world. Their work has been featured in countless publications, red carpet events as well as on radio and television including being worn by award winning actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus on Seasons II and III of VEEP, Kathie Lee and Hoda on The Today Show and The Voice Judges Adam Levine, Cristina Aguilera, Blake Shelton and Cee Lo Green. The Robb Report said, Commissioning a custom design [from Edwards & Rellas] is the ultimate coup for anyone who wants a truly one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry. Millionaire Magazine included Edwards & Rellas' jewelry in their 'World's Best Catalogue' of the '50 Ultimate Gifts'.
- Author BiographyThe Jewelry Design House of Edwards & Rellas was founded in 1994 by Mitchell Edwards & Pericles Rellas. As a private design house, they specialize in creating exquisite, one-of-a-kind jewelry. Their work adorns European Royalty, Top Tier Celebrities and members of the Forbes 50. They have also been the private jewelers to three generations of one of the top ten wealthiest families in the world. Their work has been featured in countless publications, on radio and television. The Robb Report said, Commissioning a custom design [from Edwards & Rellas] is the ultimate coup for anyone who wants a truly one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry. Millionaire Magazine proclaimed, Customers wanting to buy an Edwards & Rellas piece are assured of a jewelry masterpiece. 'With This Ring' is their first book.
- Author(s)Mitchell Edwards
- Date of Publication08/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.98Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.